6.14.2010

Cute and Simple


Sometimes you want something cute and no fuss. And sometimes you have only 5 minutes to get that card made and get out the door. This time was one of those times ;) I spent my procrastinated time making the apron below for a birthday present, which left me with minutes to make the card, especially since I still needed to help the girls get their swimsuits and sunscreen on, plus roll up their towels and make sure the batteries in my camera are still kickin'. In times like these my Slice is a lifesaver. Pull out a cardbase, grab a couple scraps and cut out a name or simple silhoutte shape. If it's not enough add a punched border from same said scraps and call it done. Her mom thought the card was fabulous, extra plus for quick modern style creativity!



With that quick card was the not quick apron. I had known about this birthday party for a week and a half but being the procrastinator that I am I didn't start making anything until 11 that morning with the party at 2 that afternoon. Add in lunch and the 64 times the girls asked me if it's time to go to the party yet and the apron was slow coming. But it certainly turned out cute! I thought making a binded apron would be slightly quicker than the reversable ones I made for the girls but it wasn't. It did however take up less fabric and I love the finished off look binding gives ;) I had enough left over binding from the girls aprons to do the pocket on this one. I made the rest from a remnant piece of fabric that was also used for the pocket. A's modeling it since the little girl is her same age. Doesn't she make such a darling model?

2 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

The card and apron are just darling!

Sharon said...

How cute, the card and the aprons. What little girl wouldn't like a cooking apron?!