12.16.2007

Sally


Colors : Holiday Red, Cranberry, Indian Corn Blue, Dutch Blue, Bamboo, Col White

Papers : Route 66 ('07), Garden B&T ('07)

Stamps : Rustic Flowers, Boutique Alpha, Sans Small Caps and Lowercase, Elegant Alpha (punctuations)

Accents : Liquid Glass, Hemp

My swap page for Sally in the Dr. Suess swap I'm in. This will be my page, the first out of 10 to make :S. At least all the quote, title, and flower stamping is done. Now it's just RSing the rest of the pages, cutting out, and putting together. I think I'm finally getting a better grip on making swap 12x12s. It really is quite the learning curve. Sally was scanned from one of the Cat in the Hat books. I don't remember which since I just scanned a bunch of her then picked out 2 to alter then decide between. She's actually in black and white with the exception of her bow which was red. I used colored pencils to color her in, using my memory of the cartoon and just trying to match her with the page colors a little. The top left flower is pop dotted and the petals are curved so it's a bit more 3D than the picture shows. Still needs one more embellie to meet the swap requirements but I haven't decided what to use yet.

11 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Too cute! I can't wait to see it all when you get your whole set. That will be a really cute album.

Unknown said...

OH WOW YOUR SWAP PAGE LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Kylie said...

This is such a cute page. i like what you have done with Sally, she is cute!!

Tracey said...

Love the page Sally I agree it will make a really cute album I cant wait to see more :)

~Jules~ said...

I would love to get my hands onto a lovely stamp like Sally!
Great page. Top JOB!
merry Christmas
JULES

scrappernic said...

What a fun page! What a fabulous swap/album!

stampingbalou said...

Your work is such a fantastic one. I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, your Sister Heike will spend some time with the family, so don´t worry, if I´m going to say "hello" not until in 2008.... ;o) Yours, Heike xox

Kelly L said...

Wow, a 12 x 12 swap?! (I usually do 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards or ATCs) That sounds cool but lots of work, I am sure! I can't wait to see them all when you get them. Please show us pics when you get them back!!

Tammy said...

Too cute!! Sally adds the perfect touch:)

Tammy
SBS4s

Deb said...

this is so sweet!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! I am thrilled to have found your blog. Your artwork is amazing!! Would you mind if I added you to my blog roll?

I used to be a CTMH consultant but recently resigned to pursue designing my own stamps. Of course I still love CTMH products and you do a fabulous job with them!!

Korin Sutherland
www.sweetnsassystamps.com
www.inkydoodle.blogspot.com