2.21.2008

Girl Shop Cards, Cousin Layout, and the Drama of the Month

I'm starting off with the fun stuff :D Some quickie girly cards I made today and last night. I was in a mass producing kind of mood.







Colors : Black, White, Bubblegum, Vineyard Berry

Paper : Unknown - Julie gave it to me ^_~

Stamps : But I need it (hanna stamps); Rockabella, savvyshoppabella, dryabella, mwahbella, emmybella (stamping bella); Delightful Alpha, Totally Chic, Random Thoughts (CTMH)

Accents : Pink Glitter, Mini Pink Rhinestones, Vineyard Berry Organdy

These went pretty quick and the thing that took the longest was coloring. Done with pencils as usual :D It was fun to make them all kind of matching! Two of them are of specific people. The Hanna is my SIL Beth :D and the red head is my dear friend Julie who has BEAUTIFUL curly red hair!


And the layout I did Tuesday :




Papers : Serendipity (CTMH)

Accents : Ribbon, Dimensional Elements simple alpha and ribbon slides, Bamboo bigger brads and mini brads

Using another Page Maps (Becky Fleck) layout. This was a lot of fun to make because I remembered Nick loving Audrey so much and calling her 'his baby' then wanting to take her home. Well just over a year later he got his very own baby sister! ^_~


And now for the drama. This past week has been pretty scary for us. Earlier this month we didn't receive about 1/3 of our income. Well long story short it's due to some missing forms to change his major and Paul is making calls every day for the past two weeks and just getting the run around as he tries to get all the info he needs to get this fixed. These last few days have been really scary because it was starting to look like it wasn't going happen and that would mean he wouldn't be covered at all through this semester AND he would have to change his major to something he didn't want. So he's stressed out and I'm stressed out and we both do what we do when we're stressed out. Paul is grumpy and holes himself up in the bedroom to try and get things done all the while telling me it's going to be okay. I try to keep things going as usual and when he feels like things aren't working out I tell him it's going to be okay and then both of us are just worried out of our minds while the other isn't looking. I cried. I cried a lot. I cried while he was at class, while taking Caitie to school, on the way to the grocery store, I felt like a wreck and the worst part was that there wasn't anything I could do to help. We have not had a money crisis like this since before we had the girls and I was so scared. We have money in savings, but I was still really worried. Anyway, he finally got some other info this morning and sent that off. Later today we got the email back from his VA rep that they've got enough info now and the paper work is done and approved. We both broke down with relief and I told Paul about how scared I was and all the crying I did and he felt so bad because he was trying to make sure I wouldn't worry, but I worried anyway. -insert big heavy sigh of relief here- Anyway, that was my big drama for the week. I did create a little the past few days but had been so wrapped up in this that I didn't much feel like posting.

9 comments:

Sue said...

{{{Marjorie and Paul}}} So glad everything worked out.

Jenn said...

Hey girlie...
I am so glad everything worked out for the two of you!!!
Your Bella cards are OH SO CUTE!!! I love Dryabella...looks like I have to get her (maybe this wkend)!!!! ;)

Jenn

scrappernic said...

Your cards are absolutely fabulous! I LOVE that paper!

I'm so sorry you've been so stressed. We're going through that right now. If we end up moving to Idaho, we're going to have to keep our house here and pray for a renter or sell it for $15,000 less than we owe, which we just can't do. Ugh! I hate money issues! Sounds like everything is working out for youthough and I'm glad.

Anonymous said...

Marjorie, So glad it worked out! I don't like anyone especially me when we face money issues. I'm so glad it turned out okay tho.

My DD (just turned 5) gave big thumbs up the the rockin' bella!
I loved them all.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it all worked out sweetie! Love all of the artwork you made! Especially the bling with it too. Hope you have a good Friday! Love, Sparks

Unknown said...

*ALL YOUR NEW CARD CREATIONS ARE TOTALLY ADORABLE..I JUST LOVE THAT HANNA STAMPE "BUT...I NEED IT"
*YOUR LAYOUT "COUSINS" IS JUST FABULOUS!GREAT PHOTO'S AS ALWAYS MARJORIE,YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO MATCH PHOTO'S TO YOUR PATTERN PAPERS & EMBELLISHMENTS!& AS ALWAYS LOVE YOUR MULTI PHOTO USE.
*IM SO GLAD THINGS WORKED OUT IN THE END FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Alyssa said...

It's so hard when things are out of your hands and there's nothing you can do about it, isn't it? I feel for you -- I'm so glad eveything is working out okay -- i'll say some extra prayers for peace for y'all tonight.

And your cards -- well, of course, they're AMAZING! Love the colors!

stampingbalou said...

Marjorie, your cards are awesome and your layout is such a lovely one. And I´m highly glad that this nightmare came out to a good end...
Your Sister Heike ;o)

Laurel said...

Wow, worth the wait. I check your blog often because I love your stuff! Glad everything worked out for you.