11.13.2008

Papertrey Cocoa Gift Box


This is what I started with for the gift. I knew I had kept these Papertrey stamp boxes for something :D They were just too nice to throw out so I stashed them away until now. With us having some large unexpected dental bills right during the holiday season, I thought it would be perfect to do a little recycling and creative thinking on how to make a small seemingly mundane gift become something extra special. It's not much to look at now but with some paper, stamps, and a bit of creativity it was transformed into an awesome little package! When I showed Paul after I finished he immediately said, "Wow, this is great! It's for me, right?" lol. I think I'm going to have to make something neat like this for him now ^_~


Supplies: Cardstock, inks, twill ribbon, and safety pins by CTMH; Holiday tags and Snowfall stamp sets by Papertrey; and clear dots Unknown (fakey dew drops found at Michaels)

And here's the final product! I used some old My Minds Eye paper for this particular set. The colors seemed great for a rustic snow theme. The colors I used were Juniper, Garden Green, Twilight, and Chocolate. The hardest part was figuring out how to make the boxes, but I had made enough 2-4-6-8 boxes to know about what I should be looking at. The ghost snowflakes were made using the stiff acetate that the stamps originally come on before you put them in their cases. I just used the Marvy snowflake punches to punch them out. I even saved the tissue that came in the box for gift giving later. Now that's some fun recycling :D



Here are the two packages of goodies out of the papertrey stamp box. The tall one houses 4 candy canes and the 'warm winter wishes' one holds the 4 packets of hot cocoa. I have been wanting to use that stamp for a hot chocolate card or something and this was perfect! The gift boxes I created on my own to fit the hot cocoa packets and hold the candy canes, while still fitting inside the papertrey box. If anyone wants the template just leave me a comment letting me know and I'll get to work on making them for the boxes. Right now all the measurements are just scribbled on my little index card, lol.


And lastly the quick little card I made to go with it ^_~ Because you can't have a cute little gift like this without a matching card!! lol Anyway I hope you all have a Merry Thursday!

10 comments:

pat said...

Love this!!
your right you can't have a cute gift without the cute card!!
love the paper too!

Pat

AmethystCat said...

these are fabulous! beautiful gifts!

Alanna said...

What an ingenious idea. I absolutely love it. And a matching card to boot. Your gift recipients will be thrilled.

Denise G said...

Love your idea. The gift is beautiful. Great job!
Denise G

Sparkplug17 said...

That is just a darling set! And makes me want a candy cane, lol. :) Gotta love the mint hot cocoa!

Anonymous said...

These are darling. I would love to see the template. What a great idea for neighbor gifts for Christmas. Thanks for sharing your talent.

scrapnstamphappy said...

Gorgeous packaging! I'm so glad you've bought some Papertrey stamps so you can inspire me with with those products too. :-)

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

What a great gift idea. I love that DP and the little gloves/mitts are very cute

Vicki Burns said...

WOW! These are awesome!

Laurel said...

What a gorgeous gift set!