11.29.2008

More Gamsol Magic Practice


Supplies: Teapot Daisies by Stampingbella; Pattern Paper by My Minds Eye; CS by Bazzil; Ribbon, Brads, Say it in Style stamp set by CTMH; Crayola and Roseart Colored Pencils; Odorless Paint Thinner

Another card I made to practice a little more with the Gamsol Magic Technique. I messed up less on this one, though I'm not sure if my own changes in the way I colored made much of a difference or if they even made it easier for me. You are supposed to do each shade separate(starting from lightest then to darkest) and blend before adding the next layer. In this one I added all of my colors first and then blended them all at once to see if it changed it at all. I'm still experimenting a little with it. Either way I think I do well enough to play with the images I've been wanting to use this technique on ^_~ They are RAK images so I wanted to make sure I did okay before using them up.

So now that Thanksgiving is pretty much over, what do you miss about your Thanksgivings while growing up? When I was little we used to go to the huge family get together that my mom's side has on that Saturday. She's the 10th out of 11 kids, but two of the brothers are still in the Philippines. Anyway, most of my aunts and uncles have big families and everyone always brought tons of food. There was always so much Filipino food (I miss it and I am not good at cooking it, lol) so I definitely miss having that. I also miss being a part of such a huge gathering. I can't stand crowds and don't care for big parties, but when I think back to when I was ages 7-11, I really loved having so many cousins to hang out with in a overly stuffed house, lol! Anyway, I hope everyone had a safe and fun Black Friday! Have a fun lazy Saturday (or maybe a busy one wrapping up all those gifts ^_~)!!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

So pretty!

Alanna said...

Love the card and your coloring looks great. Fun paper too.

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute card! I love using Gamsol with my Prismacolor pencils, too. And, if you're messing up, you're the only one who knows it! It looks great to me. As for what I miss about Thanksgiving, it's the big family gathering for me, too.

Jenn said...

Adorable!