1.24.2010

4 Calling Birds

Supplies : Paper Eskimo Kisses by Basic Grey; Mistletoe Card Slice; Sprinkles Thickers by American Crafts; white mini ricrac; white embossing powder; Fancy Flourishes stamp set by Papertrey Ink; Marvy snowflake punch; shimmer white cardstock; sewing machine w/white thread

So I started another card using four little birds and I just was not liking it. I kept thinking as I went along that it would come together but it never did and I did a big 'ulgh!' and tossed it, lol. Then I started this card, which I really like but if I could change one thing I would have picked plain cardstock, that same pale aqua, for the background so that the bird would have more pop. The blue and green print just seems a little too busy for the style I was going for and I didn't realize that until after I had already sewn my base together. Anyway, I really like this idea with the numbers and one big cut out so I might be doing all the rest similar to this. We'll see ;) The card is for Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge. This Sunday the challenge is no coloring which turned out easy for me since I haven't been coloring cards of late, lol. We've been having a lazy Sunday today. I've been reorganizing some of my crafting stuff again, mostly going through my scraps and tossing the ones that I probably won't use into the recycling bin then organizing them by brand into baggies instead of styles. I like to go through all my papers and scraps every couple months and sometimes switch up the way I have them organized. It helps me remember what I have and if I switch them around it gives me fresh eyes after I'm done. Anyway, thanks for visiting and have a lovely Sunday!

2 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your 4 chipboard! Such a cute card!

Bananastamper said...

Love how it turned out! I must get on that challenge of not coloring, hmmm, I have time before bed - well maybe!
Have a great week!
shanna :)