8.01.2009

Butterfly Girl

Supplies : Paper - Basic Grey, Scenic Route, and My Minds Eye; Thickers stickers by American Crafts; Chipboard butterflys by Scenic Route; Rhinestones by Kaiser; Buttons by Papertrey Ink; Ribbon and Ink by CTMH; Flourish chipboard by Rusty Pickle

I have been saving this picture and this butterfly paper by Basic Grey for months. Sometimes I get afraid to scrap certain photos because I fear I won't do them justice. I knew I wanted to use this paper, but other than that I was at a loss. Finally I decided to just do it and I pulled up my Inspired Blueprints folder and picked out the #1 sketch to use. It turned out to be a perfect setup for this picture and I love how it came out. Along with some papers from the Basic Grey Ambrosia set the mix of papers involves mostly the reverse sides of pattern papers I had gotten, which in some ways was a bummer but at the same time I love this page so much that it more than makes up for it. I added some ribbon to ground the photo and then to soften the white journaling strips I sponge inked them with bamboo and then barely edge distressed them with grey wool. I love it when layouts come together so perfectly like this! I hope you enjoy and have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow it is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

OOOOOOO, I think you did this justice! I adore these papers!!!!Your photo is precious! Just love your style!!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Another gorgeous layout! Beautiful photo, too.

Sarah said...

OHHHH You did this Justice and then some!!!! Too amazing for words!!! The way you picked the color from her shirt!!! what an eye you have.
It takes the LO from great to just spectacular!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love that pic of her.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Love what you did with these colors!