12.16.2008

Christmas Cookies


I was going to have these ready for Monday last week for Paul's professors and other staff at the college that have been so helpful to him for Christmas. Thursday rolls around before I remember, "Oh, I was supposed to make cookies!" Friday is his last day of classes and after that it's just finals so I set to work baking that night, lol! I had wanted to make them all Christmas cards but that just wasn't going to be happening before the next morning so I opted to create some cute and quick tags with my 2008 Holiday Tags set by papertrey to go with the bundle.

Oatmeal Scotchies (It's on the Nestle bag ^_~)

1 C butter (softened)
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla or the grated rind of one orange
1 1/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 C quick oats
1 package (11oz) butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375. Cream together sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix until well blended. Add oats and chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9-10 for crisper cookies. Makes about 4 dozen unless you make big cookies like me and then it's only 2 1/2 lol. These are super yummilicious! Thanks for visiting and have a very merry Tuesday!!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Yummmmmm. They are gonna love them.

Vicki Burns said...

Yum! How sweet of you to do this!

Chris (catt871) said...

What a great idea!!!!! They look yummy!!!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

what a yummy x-mas treat !!!!thanks for posting the recipe.
chat

AmethystCat said...

what a nice treat! I bet they loved 'em!

Sparkplug17 said...

They look yummy! I love how you packaged them with the candy cane.