2.12.2011

Sammified B-Day Josh


We've had such a busy week, so I've been playing catch-up all weekend. One of these things was to make a b-day card for our BIL, Sam. So using the sketch challenge at Sparkle Creations, I whipped up this card during our complex's kids club Valentine activity. The girls made cute Valentines and I made a b-day card ;) After seeing a few different looks on the soft colored hair style, I thought I'd try it out. After I was done I just felt like his hair was missing something, so I added highlights with the white gel pen. It was fun to color his hair differently than I'm used to. I'll definitely try the soft look again sometime, maybe I'll get it looking right enough to leave out the highlights. Anyway, enjoy the card and have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a sweet birthday card, Marjorie! Love your coloring! Thanks for playing along with SCRS!

Laurel said...

This is adorable!

Alice said...

love the happy colors you used. fab card!!

KanataNewf said...

This is a lovely card for a guy - great choice of colours!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! I love the bright colors!