2.26.2011

Warm Little Thank You


I made this card for the Corrosive Card Challenges #102 and the CPS #207 Sketch Challenge. I need a few thank you cards so I decided to hit some of the challenge sites for inspiration. The fun hot colors in the Corrosive Cards Challenge : Red, Orange, Yellow... FIRE! was a fun jumping off point and the sketch from CPS helped me play a bit out of my comfort zone. I feel like I get so used to playing with images (like pictures in scrapping!) that I forget how to make cards without them. So this was a great way for me to step out and use some of my neglected (but very cute!) PTI stamps! Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Beate said...

Great card. Love the warm papers you chose and where you placed the buttons.
Hugs and smiles

Jacqueline said...

Pretty Card - I like the colours and the sentiment in the centre. I also make handmade cards, and would love it if you check out my blog too!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty...I love the colors you used for it!! Great job with the CPS sketch!!

Anne Tussing said...

Very nice! I like what you did with the sketch...the added extras on the squares!

Sue said...

Great card! Love the colors!

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a sweet card. Really love the colors and embellishments you used.

Gerdine said...

Great card! Love the sunny colours!

Haylie K said...

I love this card! So sweet and cheery!