7.23.2009

Triple Card Thursday!

Supplies : Beyond Basic Borders and Forest Friends by Papertrey Ink; Ink, Cardstock, and Ribbon by CTMH; Pearls by Kaiser; White Gel Pen

I have been wanting to take more time playing with my stamps lately. So this last week I pulled out Beyond Basic Borders and got creative. This first card is inspired by one of my starbucks mugs. I love pretty mugs and have a cute little collection so far. I'm very picky about them, but that makes each mug I do have one that I really love! The mug of inspiration was in the armoire on my scrap space pictures. And I was doing a little happy dance in my mind when Sparkle commented on my mug with that post since I thought it had been a bit lost in the pictures. In fact those pics were taken just before I started making these cards, tea ready and everything ^_~. I love this little branch and thought instead of using it alone I'd pair it with the tiny flowers from the Forest Friends set to make some sweet blooms. The white gel pen was used for the small flower middles to brighten up the flowers.


Supplies : Beyond Basic Borders and Faux Ribbon by Papertrey Ink; Markers, Ink, Cardstock, and Grosgrain Ribbon by CTMH; Gingham ribbon by May Arts; Candy Dots by Pebbles;

This card was just something bright and fun. I used Faux Ribbon to create the striped background paper and then used my markers to fill in some of the dots on the border piece for some added color. To make things easier I used the same design for this card as I did on the first card, I just flipped it vertically. The colors remind me of candy during the summer like starbursts. It probably reminds me of candy also because I used Pebble's candy dots on the cute branch. The hardest part on this card was making the background. I didn't measure out the stripes or anything but making sure I was getting them straight and at least somewhat even was pretty tough for me. I also had to be careful since I tend to accidently get ink on my hands and there were a couple of spots that I ended up smudging the paper ink. Luckily I was able to cover up most of those spots with the mats and ribbon.


Supplies : Tea Leaves paper, Buttons, and Beyond Basic Borders by Papertrey Ink; Ink, Olive and White Cardstock by CTMH; Kraft from LSS; Embroidery floss

The last card is inspired by Heather Nichols, who designed Beyond Basic Borders if I remember correctly. I love her rustic chic style and tried to incorporate that same look in my card. I even broke out my sewing maching just to get that little stitching on the side there! I had so much fun creating different cards with this set and I hope to do it more often with my other stamps! Using my stamps like this also helps get me thinking more out my comfort zone too, I try more techniques and styles which is something I like to play around with but I tend to do that more with scrapping than with cards. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the cards and have a terrific Thursday!

6 comments:

Alanna said...

What a treat to come here and find 3 fabulous cards. I love all 3 but am especially drawn to the lst one. Great job.

Sparkplug17 said...

They're all so pretty! I love how you added the flowers to the first card!

Sarah said...

Oh Marjorie! These cards are just amazing. I love all three. I think my fav is the last one...it's the kraft LOL I am such an addict. Thanks so much for sharing them.

Christine said...

Gorgeous cards!

Anonymous said...

Just found you and loving the cards. I've been looking for this kind of inspiration! Thanks!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh wow Marjorie, these are great. Love the clean lines on them all.

:) Marcia P
SBS4

PS: Got a new blog love, find me now at www.marciapringle.blogspot.com