7.30.2009

Triple Card Thursday - In Bloom

Supplies : In Bloom, Text Style Backgrounds and Retro Background stamps and Scarlet Ribbon by Papertrey Ink; Colored Cardstock and Ink by CTMH; Kraft from LSS; Pearls by Kaiser

Another Triple Card Thursday! This might become habit since I have so many layouts that they are taking up all the rest of the week's posts. In Bloom is the set I played with this week and the first card I made with it was this. After seeing all those pretty cards with the layered flower I just had to do it myself. The colors (CTMH) are Petal, Vineyard Berry, and Garden Green with Kraft. On the bottom half of the card I stamped one of the Retro Borders in Vineyard Berry then added the pretty script from the Text Style Backgrounds in bamboo for a little more interest. The flower and leaves were pretty easy to cut out and pearls finish off the bloom.


Supplies : In Bloom and Everyday Classics stamps and Buttons by Papertrey Ink; Cardstock and Ink by CTMH; Embroidery Floss

This card I took a completely different direction and went bold and bright. I random stamped the flowers starting with the big flower first. A simple sentiment strip with some sewing and buttons embellish the card and I rounded the corners for a little more interest. This was the fastest card and it was so easy to make. I took the inspiration from Nicole's simple white on dark cardstock cards for the reveal of this set.


Supplies : In Bloom, Polka Dot Basics II, and Beyond Basic Borders stamps and Spring Moss Ribbon by Papertrey Ink; Ink and Cardstock by CTMH

I went simple and quick again with this card. First I stamped the big bloom by using Breeze ink then rolling it in Ocean, then I did the smaller flower the same way and the leaves as well using sweet leaf and topiary. I remember seeing one of the reveal cards use the polka dot basics over the flower for an almost distant cross-stitched look. I lightened and brighted my stamping version and added just a bit of ribbon with a bow to embellish. Since I haven't been using colored images on my cards I've felt like I'm trying to rediscover my own card making style and I've been experimenting with different card lifts to try to find my own. Anyway, enjoy the cards and have a terrific Thursday!

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Lovely cards, Marjorie!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous cards Marjorie. I really like that stamp from PTI.

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! I love all the bright and bold color combos!

Unknown said...

I love the bright colors too! They're all fabby cards!
Blessings,
Kim xXx