9.23.2007

Inspiration Ideas

Colors : Garden Green, Olive, Desert Sand, Cocoa, Indian Corn Blue
Papers : Garden Green CS, Cocoa CS, White CS
Stamps : Outdoor Trek, Beauty Seen
Inks : Garden Green, Olive, Desert Sand, Cocoa, Indian Corn Blue


I pull out my scrapping supplies, bring my pictures out, and sit down with a magazine or a template book to scrap and that's when it hits me.... Lack of Inspiration. The motivation is there, I want to scrapbook; but the great ideas and 'aha!' moments seem to evade me. Anyone else get that? I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel debunked by scrapper's block. So, I thought I'd try something a little easier for me to get the inspiration flowing and that is to simply pick out a theme and go with it. I have wanted and wanted to use these stamps for so long but I don't have any 'hiking/camping' pictures. I actually picked out the stamp set instead of actually picking a theme but it worked. I didn't get any pages done but I had fun making these two cards. I only used scraps since I wasn't sure if I was going to use these or not.


Colors : Star Spangled Blue, Moonstruck, Cranberry, Olive, White Daisy

Papers : Moonstruch CS, Cranberry CS, White CS

Stamps : Typewriter, Confetti and Favors

Inks : Star Spangled Blue, Moonstruck, Cranberry, Olive





This card is I made for a friend's birthday party for her little boy. I have such a hard time making masculine/boy cards or layouts and I just love the colors and how this turned out. My 3 year old made making this card a blast as she started singing her ABCs when she saw me stamping the birthday letter background then naming off the colors and telling me how cool the stamps were. And I have to agree, stamps are pretty darn cool!!

No comments: