12.29.2009

Snowy Cupcake Inspiration

Supplies : Rustic Snow, Signature Christmas, and Winter Swirls stamp sets by Papertrey Ink; Cardstock by Bazzil; Grid Paper by Scenic Route; Shimmer Cardstock from LSS; Rhinestones by Kaiser; White Embossing Powdery; Cocoa and White Daisy Ink by CTMH; Snowflake punch by Marvvy

Sparkle had such a yummilicious photo to use for inspiration for the Christmas Card Challenge this week! All I wanted to do was bake devils food cuppa cakes with cream cheese frosting after seeing it but I was a good girl and settled for some pumpkin swirl cheesecake. We have waaayyyyy too many goodies around the house from the holidays anyways. I feel like my new years resolution to get back in shape has already kicked the bucket and it isn't even 2010 yet, lol. Anyway, here's the card I came up with. I wanted to start making thank you cards for Christmas this year. While saying thank you works, I think it really makes such a difference to get a sweet note ;) Aren't these colors so gorgeous together! I wish I could catch that subtle shine on the white shimmer cardstock on camera, it is so pretty. I started out going for a cutesie card then before I knew it shimmer cardstock, white embossing and rhinestones entered the picture. I have to say though I really like this card better than the one I had in my mind. Things are slowly starting to settle down around here now. We had such a great holiday spending time with family and friends. I didn't get many pictures this year. Of course I'm also starting to believe that Christmas day produces the worst possible pictures because every year it seems all I get are badly lit, partial, blurred, or weird faces shots and not the cute weird faces either, lol. I might be staging a few shots before we take down the trees to attempt to get some nice ones to represent better the wonderful Christmas we had ;) Paul and I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family to make this Christmas extra special! And I'm so thankful to have such wonderful readers too! All of you have added so much cheer to my life year round! I hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday season. Thanks for visiting and I'll see you in the new year!

11 comments:

JLP said...

This card is adorable! I love the work you put into it!

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous!

Lori said...

Such a pretty card. So glad that you had a Merry Christmas. I have to cut back on the sweets too. Maybe once they are gone it will be easier.

pat said...

Super cute card!!

Wendy K. said...

Great card!!

Bananastamper said...

This is gorgeous Marjorie! LOVE it! I hear you about the sweets - I made way too much and the photos - we open all our gifts downstairs and the lighting stinks! One of these days, I should really do something about that!
Cheers,
Shanna

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I'm glad you all had a great Christmas!

Alanna said...

Your card is fabulous Marjorie. I love all the squares and the colors especially.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! These colors DO look great, and with the different blues I would have been hesitant to think of it! It's gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous!! Absolutely love the colors!!

Barbara said...

I love the way you made this Christmas TY card using non-traditional colors. It's very pretty.