3.30.2010

Sunny Shine

Supplies : Papers - Adobe by American Crafts; Cardstock by AC; Dear Lizzy Rubons by American Crafts; Journaling Lines stamp set and Summer Sunrise Ink by Papertrey Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Just Chilling Slice card by Making Memories; Apron Lace border punch by Fiskars; Sewing Machine and white thread

The supply challenge on Practical Scrappers this week is Rubons! I have been loving the new rubons by American Crafts, they are so fun and cute. These ones are from the Dear Lizzy line. I was looking for ideas in my inspiration folder on my hard drive and came across a layout I think that Kelly Purkey made. I used the basic design and even added butterflies to my layout like she did. My favorite part is the tone on tone border punched piece sewn to the base, so subtle yet so pretty! It's hard to capture those kinds of details on the camera, it shows up so much better in real life ;) I used the 'shine' rubon to finish my title and then added another sunshine journal blip to the bottom right to continue the theme. I love the way this came out, with more bold color blocks and just a tad of that darling flower print. Enjoy the page and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Such a pretty layout, the bright colours do those pics justice!

Haven't popped past in a bit, so glad I have made the time. Hope your well. Happy Easter.

:) Marcia

Bananastamper said...

Gorgeous - love it!
Shanna :)