6.15.2008

Happy Father's Day


I hope everyone is having a great day with their dads and hubbys today ^_~. Here's what we made for Poppa for Father's Day.


I got one of those 12x12 frames with my 40% off coupon at Roberts on Friday. I think I must have been lucky since it was the last one they had. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to special occassions like this. We had taken the pictures for this Friday morning, I went and got them developed at the one-hour photo and shopped for the stuff to make this that afternoon. Which actually worked out really well since I had the girls still in their outfits to compare to paper. Uses Crate Paper and Bazzil cardstock. I completely lifted this layout from the Reflections book, but made it for a Grandpa instead of a Grandma. I like mine better ^_~. The frame color was choosen because Paul's dad loves blue. The girls actually did quite a bit of the painting. Then I sand distressed the edges and made the page to put inside.


Paul got a few things he's been wanting and I ended up not making a card for him. He says he likes it that way since he already gets so much from me but I have a hard time not making one still. I told him he'd get one out of the blue later ^_~ He's favorite thing was the new pictures of Cait and Audrey for his wallet. Anyway, have a fun Happy Father's Day everyone!!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful!!!

Stacy said...

Marjorie, what a sweet gift! I bet he loved it! It's ok to be last minute, as long as you get it done. :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the outfits and the frame! Glad you had a great weekend!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Stunning!

Jena said...

That is so adorable! What cute kiddos - TFS!

Kariberry said...

I love this! It's beautiful!! What a nice keepsake gift.

Nicole said...

I love this!! So unique and absolutely darling! Those kind of presents make the best ones. Your girls are so beautiful and their outfits are super cute! TFS!