6.26.2009

Singing Monsters

My mom sent some fun stuff this last month, one thing in particular that the girls really loved was the package of modeling magic by crayola. Before I knew it I was making these cute little guys for them while they made everything from snakes to aliens to balls and fruit, lol. We were using the plain white so after they dried we colored them in with their crayola markers. They did the initial coloring and then after Cait saw me helping Audrey fill in the gaps she decided that I needed to color hers for her too, lol. The orange monster was pretty quick, but Cait wanted 3 layers of blue on hers before she thought it was good enough to be done! I used my CTMH markers just to fill in some of the joint gaps and then sharpies for the mouth, eyes, and the final coat of blue on Cait's monster. Before the modge podge the orange monster had deep pink spikes and the blue monster had purple spikes, but as we were putting it on the colors started to bleed into each other making them a bit more red and closer to blue on the other. Not that the girls minded the next day, all they cared about was that the monsters were dry and they could play with them.

Here are some close ups of the monsters if you click on the pictures. They are actually pretty small, a little less than half the size of a my little pony. The modge podge really glues the joints tight together. I took inspiration for their faces from the Eek! A Monster stamp set (the mini monster) by My Cute Stamps. I've been oogling this darling set not just for little boy cards but for my girls as well since they like monsters (at least cute ones anyway ^_~). It cost us nothing to make these since all the stuff we had on hand and my mom sent the modeling foam and we got two days of creative fun making them, plus all the time they've been playing with them this past week which is a lot! Anyway enjoy these little critters and have a good day!

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

These are so fun and cute! I'm glad you guys are having a great time with them.

Crafty Texan said...

What fun!! I'll have to check that stuff out for those summer days of "mom I'm bored". ;)

Sarah said...

TOO FLIPPIN CUTE!

Alanna said...

So cute. It sounds like you all had a fun time doing these. And it's always good to find something new and exciting that capture your children's attention.