6.29.2009

Road Trip

Supplies : Pattern paper and Elements by My Minds Eye; White Cardstock and brads by CTMH; Remarks and Thickers stickers by American Crafts; Flowers by Prima

Thirty two photos scrapped on 5 pages in 3 1/2 hours. I think that is a record for me, lol. With inspiration from the July Scrapbooks Etc. magazine and the Share and Tell albums from Pebbles, I whipped out these quick and easy layouts for a trip we took to The Shoe Tree last year all in a single evening. This first page is a twist on the inspiration layout I found and the second page I simply trimmed the photos so that they would have a little bit of matting and used the basic concept that the photo sheet protectors use. There are 12 photos between these two pages. I used the new Breaking Free paper by My Minds Eye for a dash of color on these mostly white layouts. I love all the white on these because it doesn't compete with the photos which were a multitude of mish mashed colors and items. Caitlyn's shirt ended up being the inspiration for the papers to use. The set matched not only the color but the theme of her shirt as well even though I didn't use the Hawaiian flower or surf board paper in these particular layouts.

The girls didn't want their pictures taken when we went. I got only a few keeper shots of them and Audrey even completely hid her face a bunch of times, lol. I kept the one where you could see her smiling behind her hands. These pictures throw me off a little because they were taken last summer, but the girls don't look so much bigger now than in the pictures (even though I know they are ^_~). The main thing is their hair. Their hair has gotten pretty long now and the other day when Paul's sis asked Cait if she wanted it long or chopped off Cait said "Chop it all off!" I guess that means she misses her shorter hair, lol. Audrey doesn't seem to mind either way but now that her bangs have grown out to chin length I might just get hers bobbed as well. Anyway, I'll be posting the other 2 page layout on Wednesday. Have a happy Monday and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great layout! I love how vibrant all the colors are!