7.30.2011

Birdies and Cupcakes Quilt


Like with the Central Park charm pack, I bought this Hoot charm pack it seems forever ago! I had been planning to make a little quilt with it. Since it was my first charm pack, I thought that simply sewing all the squares together would make a big enough kid size quilt. It would make a darling baby quilt, but my girls are bigger now and so I tried to devise a simple pattern that would use just the fabric I had on hand. This is the turn out, with the final measurements at 50x60 ;) The top is actually quilted with blue, pink, and green threads. They aren't super noticable when just looking casually, but up-close it's a fun detail.


I think I love the back more than the front, lol. Even though I really like all the white space on the front of the quilt (plus it may give me the opportunity to embroider a few cute birdies and cupcakes in the corner squares later on), I really love all the bright fun colors and patterns on the back. In fact, these few patterns are some of my favorites that I've been hoarding. The cupcake fabric I bought a few years ago. It was just so cute that I had to get a bit of yardage. I still have nearly a yard in scraps left over even after the 3 aprons and this quilt. The little birds got completely used up in this and I have just enough apple fabric for something small and fun. My SIL saw the back and said it reminded her of one of our local cupcake shops. Their logo is a cute little bird with a cupcake ;) The sweet bit of yellow binding is left over from the aprons. It felt so good to finally use these fabrics up on such a cute project! Now I need to figure out what to make C since this quilt went to little A. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Bananastamper said...

This is beautiful Marjorie! Wow!