2.01.2010

Strawberry Thanks

Supplies : Around About Sentiments, Everyday Classics, and Fruitful stamp sets, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, and Sweet Blush Ink, and Kraft cardstock by Papertrey Ink; Sweet Leaf Ink by CTMH

Another mini batch of thank you notes. I used hibiscus burst and sweet blush first to see how they looked on the kraft. It was very subtle, which would be great for background stamping but not as great for when I want a single image to pop, at least not on kraft anyway. So in the next batch I switched it up. I actually meant to use Raspberry Fizz with the Hibiscus but ended up grabbing the pure poppy instead. That's what I get for stamping in dim light, lol. But I think it turned out better that way in the end. Here are the 3x3 card pieces which I made second ;)


These came out so much brighter and I like the bigger sentiment too. I'm trying to use stamps that haven't been inked much (or at all!) in my sets and this strawberry was one of them. Since I've been needing to make a bunch of these they have become the perfect project for me to play around with! I don't worry about messing up which is nice since I probably overthink too much when I craft, lol.

2 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Great TY cards! My faves are the second set as well - the colors pop off that kraft paper! Love em!
Shanna :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Adorable cards - nothing like berries to brighten someones day!