2.23.2010

Collecting

Supplies : Paper - Sassafras (Monstrocity) and October Afternoon (Farm Fresh); Cardstock by Bazzil and CTMH; Forest Friends, Take Note, Journaling Lines, and Borders and Corners Circles stamp sets and inks by Papertrey Ink; Remarks letter stickers by American Crafts

Playing around with your stamps is the challenge over at Practical Scrappers this week! It's so easy to get stuck in a rut with my stamps. I tend to use them just for making cards or adding journaling prompts on my layouts. So to get out of my box I stamped on pattern paper ;) It definitely gives my stamped elements a lot more personality and opened up many new ideas to use my solid and text stamps on! Stamping my own journaling lines, which is something I do quite often, also adds more customization to my layout. I stamped the dotted lines in Ripe Avocado instead of black to keep the journaling block from looking too heavy on the page. To keep my focus on making cute stamped elements on my page I used the #42 sketch from Inspired Blueprints so I didn't have to think up a design, subbing an extra photo for the big title section. Cait is always collecting stuff outside whether it's pinecones or rocks, sticks or flowers. They all end up in her 'garden' which is usually a meticulously designed set up on the porch where she can proudly display it to us, lol. It drives me batty that she does this but at the same time I can't help but love that she loves nature so much and wants to show off her findings. If you make a project with stamps head on over to the Practical Scrappers blog and link it up ;) Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

Heidi M said...

Hi Marjorie! Great layout for the stamp challenge! I love the 'little stinker' stamp - so cute! I also love the roller skating border strip.

Heidi :)

Bananastamper said...

Love what you did with your stamps - I really must get back into making layouts - not sure what is stopping me. Sometimes it seems more daunting than cards and I guess there are always birthday and such creeping up - perhaps I'll get going on the layouts once my stash is stocked and I am ahead of the game a little with the cards. Thanks for the inspiration!
Cheers,
Shanna :)