9.19.2009

Cheeky Baby - Stamps

Supplies : Paper by Sassafras and My Minds Eye; Kraft from LSS; Polka Dot Basics 2 and Faux Ribbon stamp sets from Papertrey Ink; Clear and White Embossing Powdery; Brads from Basic Grey and My Minds Eye; Thickers Letter stickers and Remarks Letter Stickers by American Crafts

Create a background! Stamping's #1 appeal to me is the customization and not just with colors but also with making your own papers. And you don't have to stamp with just ink either, you can use your versamark to do watermarking or to add embossing powder like I did on this page. Here I only wanted the polka dots pattern to go up half the page, so I stamped up until that point with my versamark. I sprinkled clear embossing powder and then heat set it to give the dots presence and texture but not change the color of the background. I love the extra fun the big polka dots add to the layout! The other thing I did with embossing here was to emboss a small white border to embellish the top of the photo mat while also giving it a more finished off look. Make customized background papers with inks or embossing. You can even use a glue pad to create glitter or flocked backgrounds! Fill an entire page with a background or random stamped images, or just part of a page like I did here. You don't have to keep to cardstock to make your backgrounds either, try stamping a fun image in the middle of huge polka dots or in some of the squares on block pattern paper. Custom create paper to fit your photos for a layout or to create that perfect card with the recipients favorite colors. When it comes to making your own backgrounds, the sky really is the limit! Enjoy the layout and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute layout! Those pictures are just adorable. :)

Alanna said...

This is too cute Marjorie. Love the title and all the elements to your layout.

Danni said...

hehehe, cute!

Vicki Burns said...

Beyond adorable!

Jena said...

Hey Marjorie - I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration - I just posted the layout that I did last week - my title was inspired by your page here. Thanks for all you share!