5.24.2010

Sweet Cupcakes Part 1



After I finished those Mother's Day aprons I went to make some cards and realized I have no Mother's Day stamps, lol. I could have done die cut cards, I did have a couple cute ideas on mom cards without stamps, but I was really in the mood to ink up some stuff. And what better to go with aprons than cupcakes! I actually forgot to photo my MIL's card but they are all using the same Basic Grey papers so I'm sure you'll get the idea ;) Here's two of the cards I made. It was so nice to finally use some of these scraps. I still adore this paper even though it's old.




This card is similar to the one I made for my MIL, except hers had two cupcakes to the left with the You make life sweeter sentiment beneath on the right. These two were very fun to make, I actually enjoyed cutting out the cupcakes and finding ways to arrange them on the cards was the best part. I think this would be a fun magnet game for the girls and am thinking of making one with different tops and bottoms for them to play with. Wouldn't that be so cute?!


Stamps : Cupcake Collection by Papertrey Ink
Papers :Sugared by Basic Grey; Cardstock in Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, and Rustic Cream by Papertrey Ink
Inks : Sweet Blush, Summer Sunshine, Scarlet Jewel, and Vintage Cream
Other : Sewing w/white thread, Fiskars Apron Lace Punch

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Super cute cards. I just love that cupcake set.

Sparkplug17 said...

These are darling! Perfect to match the aprons.