5.02.2010

Aprons for Moms


How about some cute aprons for Mom on Mother's Day! I altered this quick apron tutorial by Make It and Love It to fit the fat quarters I had in my stash to make some aprons for Nana and Granma. While the tutorial apron itself is darling I made binding for the aprons instead of hemming which made my quick aprons not so quick, but since these are for mother's day I think it makes it extra special to have that little detail. I followed the basic tutorial but used a fat quarter for the main piece, the long 22" side going around the waist. Another fat quarter was used to make the waist, ties, and pocket. I used her pocket dimensions of 6x8 but shortened the width of my waist band to 3" instead of 4". It probably would have worked fine with the 4" I would have just needed to piece the extra fabric after I cut the pocket, but since I'm an amateur I thought it best for me to stay safe and simply shorten the band width. A last fat quarter was used to make enough binding for both aprons. On the bottom apron since I had enough of the light blue print I turned that into another pocket and made the ties longer so they can be wrapped around and tied in the front or side like I did here. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my little mom day project and have a lovely Sunday!


4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What lovely gifts! I love the bright fabric too!

Unknown said...

Great gift idea! Love it...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Bananastamper said...

Super cute aprons! You have really been busy with your sewing machine these days! I am thankful for the inspiration. I sorted through my bins of fabric the other night and discovered more super fun stuff I forgot about. I really must turn some of it into something useful! So much fun paper/fabric/stamps, so little time!

Corinna said...

Well, these are just cute as a button!

Corinna