5.29.2010

Lantern Bloom Ottoman


I love the Gum Drop Pillows by Amy Butler and had bought the pattern a little over a month ago. During my blog hiatus I decided it was finally time to put that pattern to work and so I took out more of the Lantern Bloom fabric I had to create a custom ottoman for us! I love how it came out, so pretty!! It was actually much easier to put together than I thought it would be. Usually I'm so intimidated by patterns but this made me feel like breaking out another one and trying my hand and making some more fun goodies! The most frustrating part for me was stitching the top piece on and I think that is only because my sewing machine couldn't handle the layers very well (it's just a cheapy little guy). But even though that part gave me a whole lotta trouble I prevailed and finished it! This baby took 5 32oz packages of stuffing, and it probably could have even taken more, lol. You should have seen me stuffing this sucker, shoving my whole arm in to get the filling even, lol.



I now have to make the smaller one so that the girls leave mine alone, hehe. I guess that means I'll be making two smaller ones ;) I also have plans to make at least one of her zinnia pillows with this line of fabric for our living room and maybe some patchy zinnias for the girls room. We'll see what I get around to making first. I also need to finish a baby quilt I've been making for our new niece. A little over a month ago I mentioned Paul's sister getting near to having her baby. Beth never did get to find out whether she was having a boy or girl through the ultrasound since the baby moved so much, but now that the baby is here we know for sure that she's a girl and can start making and sending baby stuff ;) I started a garden quilt for the crib using some repurposed fabrics from when Cait and Audrey had their room garden themed. It's looking so cute! I just have to decide now to quilt or to tie it and then make and put on the binding. Too many projects, too little time!

1 comment:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is darling and love that fabric!