9.29.2008

Color Challenge #32

Fall is in the air.... somewhere, lol. Not here where I am. The weather still gets up to the 90s and though it has been cooler this past week, I can tell we are still a bit aways from fall. But, it's the end of September. School days, cool nights, and the thought of falling leaves brings autumn into my mind. The colors are inspired by fall and this week we will be exploring Tulip. To play use at least 3 of the colors and then send me link to your artwork so I can add it here. Have fun!!

Tulip
Honey
New England Ivy
Vineyard Berry

Alanna's Turning 31 Layout

My Sample:
Supplies : Cardstock, Buttons, Season of Change, Hodge Podge Alpha, Spot on Backgrounds, and Playful Flourishes stamp sets all by CTMH


Since I was inspired by fall I wanted to make a simple fall card. I am loving Tulip! It works both as a red and as a deep pink. This was a quick easy card. One flourish stamped in New England Ivy on NEI cardstock, Spot on backgrounds stamped in Tulip on Tulip. The leaf bases were stamped first in Honey then rolled in NEI and Tulip inks, then cut out. I simply glued the card together then stamped the leaf outlines in vineyard berry right on the card. Fall was stamped in vineyard berry as well. Embellish with a few buttons and that's it! ^_~ Have fun with the challenge and thanks for playing!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Great color challenge and super cute fall card!!! I love these colors and hope to play in the challenge soon1

PS...I received your card today, thanks so much for thinking of me, you're too sweet! :D Take care girlie! :D

Tammy said...

Great color combo!! Love the flourish:).

Tammy
SBS4

AmethystCat said...

cute card - love the leaves!!!

Alanna said...

Your layout is fabulous. Here's the link to mine.

http://damoses.blogspot.com/2008/09/color-challenge.html

Alanna

Alanna said...

Check that. I was looking at your most recent layout on top but your card for the color challenge is very nice. I love that background stamp set. I need to get that one.

Vonney said...

The colors in this card are great together. I really love how your leaf turned out.