12.16.2009

Fa la la

Supplies : Paper, Elements, and Stickers by Cosmo Cricket; Rustic Cream cardstock, Jute, and Buttons by Papertrey Ink

Oh what fun it is to snuggle with your Christmas morning goodies! The girls got the most adorable stuffed ponies first thing Christmas morning last year. We had them waiting for them out in the livingroom and I think if that's all they had gotten they would have still loved Christmas more than any other holiday! Little kids are so precious that way. It reminded me of old Christmas stories when the children only got one or two gifts and they were always simple toys - a doll, a wooden pull toy, a small ball - yet they were so overjoyed. I loved the vintage toy element because it brought to mind that same thing and I knew I had to use it with the girls playing with their ponies that morning. They didn't ask about opening presents at all after getting them and we had to prompt the whole unwrapping gift fest, lol. I love that Christmas is so easy right now for them! Anyway, about the layout, I used the #36 sketch from Inspired Blueprints. I haven't really kept up with the layouts in the past few months but I still love visiting them for inspiration. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the layout!

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Super cute layout. You are the master of combining so many wonderful patterned papers together. And what a sweet story about your girls.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling layout! I'm laughing that Audrey is wearing her pink coat. :)

Danni said...

Such a sweet, cute page!