12.30.2009

Baby Before the New Year


We've have a new addition to our extended family! Our little nephew was born yesterday morning ;) He's a premie at 4 weeks early but he was a good 5 lbs and 11 oz and they didn't need to put him in the ICU so we're really happy. Yesterday I went fabric shopping since I realized I don't have any boyish fabric. They want everything done in classic camo or with that type of theme so this is the quilt I made for them. It's a simple tied baby quilt with binding made from the scraps and even though the patterns aren't my style I think it turned out pretty cute ;D The white is actually a lighter beige plaid but the print is really tiny. I backed the quilt in the camo since that's the theme and I think I was lucky in finding a 100% cotton version since most all the rest of the camo fabric at the Joann's was that really rough stuff. I finished the quilt this morning and snapped some quick pics of it before they get it Saturday at the shower. Anyway, just thought I'd share. Have a happy hump day and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Wow, this is so nice Marjorie! You have been busy! My boys would love the camo! How sweet of you!
Shanna :)

Deb said...

fabulous blanket, love it. Happy New Year, hugs Debx

AmethystCat said...

Congrats on the new little nephew! Love the quilt and they will too! Happy New Year!

Alanna said...

Congrats on the new nephew and I'm glad to hear he's doing so well for being born so early. Love the blanket and I'm sure the family will as well.