10.30.2008

I {heart} your Smile

Thank you so much everyone for all the support and online hugs!! It made me cry (in a good way :D) to feel so much love yesterday while I was struggling! I know everything will turn out alright. My hubby and I constantly remind each other of that, but it helps even more to read you guys telling me it will work out too and that I can and will get through this and anything else life throws at me. You all are such sweethearts. Thank you so very much for being a part of my life and lifting me up when I'm feeling down!



Supplies : Perhaps paper by Basic Grey; CS by CTMH; Buttons by My Minds Eye; Thickers letter stickers by American Crafts; Felt flowers Unknown (RAK); DMC embroidery floss

I was in the mood to use up some more of this paper and these pictures. This time I focused on Caitlyn's smile. The bottom photo was the inspiration for the entire layout. I caught this picture on film and just couldn't throw it out even though it cuts off the top part of her face. It got such a great part of her laughing smile that I saved it thinking I would be able to find a way to use it and I did :D It's almost 2 years later, but hey it's better late than never! Just a simple page using up the scrap piece from the Full of Joy layout. The longest part was the stitching. It took me forever to remember how to do the blanket stitch on the heart and I'm still not certain I did it right, lol, but it looks well enough ^_~ Have a Happy Thursday everyone!!

5 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

I love your layouts, Marjorie! You take the most artistic photos. TFS!

Laurel said...

Another beautiful creation! I just read your previous post, I am thinking of you and hoping it all works out for you and your family. I am sorry you are going through it.

Alanna said...

What a fun layout and kudos to you for keeping a picture that some might say should not be kept. I can see how the whole layout would come together because of the one picture with the head chopped off. It sure lets you focus on the smile.

Shan said...

Glad you are feeling better. We are all here for you.
LOVE the layout and the heart looks awesome! Also thanks for leaving some love on my blog! Take care!!! I visit almost everyday-just don't usually post but you ARE awesome!!!

ScrapyTiff said...

love the blanket stitch... great job!