10.27.2008

Color Challenge #36

More Halloween colors!! To play use 3 of the colors and send me a link to your creation so I can post it here. Don't forget to have fun!

Orange
Topiary
Sunflower
Pansy Purple
Black (optional)

My Sample:

Supplies: Discovery and Enchanted PP, CS, Ribbon anchor with brad, Spot on Backgrounds, Say it in Style, and Playful Flourishes stamp sets by CTMH; Orange brads and Ribbon unknown

I wanted to try and make a Halloween card even though I don't have any Halloween stamps. I picked up the small oval coluzzle template to try out these oval punch pumpkins I had seen before. The sketch is from SCS, SC199 horizontal version. The pumpkins were SO easy to make and I simply stamped the spot on background designs on them in orange and then ink distressed the edges. The faces were just free cut shapes from black CS though I was thinking felt would look so darling on it (I just don't have any). I had glued down all the panels before remembering that I wanted to put some of this ribbon on them so I had to improvise with one of the ribbon anchors and some brads. Overall just a fun card. Caitlyn loved it, saying the jack-o-lanterns were a mommy and a baby and that they were her friends, lol.



And isn't this little farm girl such a cutie!! This is one of Paul's old hats. I've never seen him wear it other than just fooling around and I was seeing if I missed any Halloween decorations in one of the storage tubs when Audrey spied this hat in there and immediately claimed it before running off to pretend to garden again. While she was wearing it she kept saying she was a boy, lol. I guess only boys can wear these kinds of hats ^_~ I tried to convince her that maybe she was a farm girl or a cowgirl but she said "Nope. I boy, Mom-Mom!!"

6 comments:

Laurel said...

So cute! The background stamping on the pumpkins is perfect! Love the pic of your daughter too!

Sandra said...

I love the card! Your girls are too dang cute!!! Happy Monday!
Sandra

Jena said...

Cute! LOVE the Spot On for the pumpkins, that ss is awesome! I can't wait to play with this one - I've had a card idea I've been thinking of since last week but was waiting for your new challenge since it would be another halloween combo. Hopefully I'll get to play today or tomorrow, so I'll be back! Thanks for the fun challenges as always!

Unknown said...

YOUR LITTLE FARM GIRL IS SUCH A CUTIE MARJORIE! LOVE THE COLOUR COMBO YOU HAVE USED ON YOUR CARD IT LOOKS FAB!

Sparkplug17 said...

Here's what I made dearie...http://sparklecreations.blogspot.com/2008/10/marjories-color-challenge-36.html

Your card turned out so cute! I'll have to make some oval pumpkins now! And that picture is priceless! :)

Alanna said...

Your card is just darling. I LOVE how you made the pumpkins and the background stamping on them just makes them that more cute. Here's my card for the week.

http://damoses.blogspot.com/2008/10/color-challenge-to-get-me-back-in-swing.html