7.29.2008

Color Challenge #29

Colors were inspired partly by chocolate and partially by just boy colors. To play use at least 3 of the shades in a new project and send me a link to your artwork so I can add it here ^_~ And have fun playing!

Barn Red
Chocolate and/or Cocoa
Honey
Olive



Sparkle's Cute Changito Thank You Card
Noelle's Yummilicious Thanks a Latte Card
Barb's Relaxing Lawn Chair Card
Marcia's Adorable Friends Forever Card
Jena's Lovely Family Christmas Photos Layout

My Sample:

Supplies : Caprice Papers, Winter's Heart '06? Papers, Olive, Barn Red, Honey, Chocolate, Cocoa, and Col White CS, Lifes a Jungle and Paradise Stamp sets, Sunflower bigger brad, Chipboard Circles

I made one of those fun Joy Fold Cards that SCS has a tutorial for this week. I had fun but without my mojo I was really having a tough time putting this one together. This has been such a hard week for the color challenge, I'm telling ya, lol! If I had just done it while I was in my scrappin' groove over the weekend it would have been fine, but no I had to wait because I'm a terrible procrastinator. So getting past scheduling wasn't too bad, only that I realized when I finally got a chance to sit down that I had absolutely no mojo. Then I had a mom meltdown, we won't go into that, lol. So last night ended with nothing finished. Today I woke up feeling much better, talked and played with the girls a bit, had breakfast, then started the color challenge. I was having fun making the interactive card so that was good. But when I went to post, my hubby's mouse wasn't working (a problem he discovered earlier this morning and was trying to fix). So I get my mouse and plug it into his computer. I am going through all this trouble because he has my photo editing software on his computer. Then the entire computer freezes on me. I reset and try to work again and.... the keyboard doesn't work. It looks to be two things... either a virus, which I am doubting, or the ports are dead which is more likely since they sit right next to each other. And that really irks me because his computer isn't even a year old! Anyway, I retake the pictures (because now he is in safe mode doing a thorough virus scan just in case, plus he's on the phone with HP to try and figure it out, and my pictures were on his computer), upload the new ones to my computer, then take forever to edit them online in photobucket. *sigh* Hopefully you all will have an easier time than I did trying to get this done, lol. Thanks for stopping by and reading my tirade ^_~ And have fun with the colors this week!

13 comments:

AmethystCat said...

I think days like these are what makes us appreciate the good days. dang - hope your computer gets better soon! cute card! well worth all the extra hassle! :)

Tammy said...

Fingers crossed your computer problems are quickly over!! Love this card, the colors just grab your attention and the elephant is adorable:)

Tammy
SBS4

Erica said...

love the colors...will have to pull them out tomorrow

Anonymous said...

I hope the computer is okay. That must be so frustrating! But your card came out super cute! I love how you paper pieced the elephant! And I beat Sue again, lol. :)

Here's my card...
http://sparkplug17.livejournal.com/344389.html

I hope you have a great day dear!

The Scrap Pirate said...

Fun card and another great color combo. Thank you, this has been fun!

Here is my card:
http://scrappirate.blogspot.com

Noelle

Barb said...

Wow. I hope you resolve your computer issues soon. Your card turned out great and I decided to play along this week. What a challenge! Thanks for the nudge. Here is my card.

http://thebuzzfromqueenb.blogspot.com/2008/07/marjories-color-challenge-29.html

Jena said...

Sorry you had such a heck of a time getting this posted, but it was worth it, this card is awesome! So cute - love the grass and the brad for the sun - fun, fun! I finally got a little scrap-mojo back yesterday, maybe I'll finally get to play again! TFS!

Jenn said...

Cute, cute card girlie!!!! I love the color combo and that sweet elephant! :D

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR NEW CARD ITS JUST AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Great card Marjorie, love the joy fold, it's a great look.

:) Marcia

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Cute card! I need to try one of those folds.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marjorie, mine is up....

http://thestampspot.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/colour-challenges/

Take care
Marcia

Jena said...

Thanks for another fun color challenge - I finally got to play some more, here it is...

http://livelovelaughscrapbook.blogspot.com/2008/08/family.html