5.29.2008

Va Va Voom!


I love it when my girls play dress up. Audrey has always loved socks, especially ones that aren't hers, lol. I used some of the new Sultry Basic Grey papers that I got yesterday to make this layout. I wish one of our LSS had the whole set as these are the only 3 patterns anyone has here and this is one of the few sets that I've really liked. I'm hoping someone gets Sugared in soon, it's the one I really love!

Using a Sept '07 Page Maps sketch as a base I put this layout together in a couple of hours last night. The most time consuming parts were cutting out the CS to cover the chipboard and then typing up the journaling and getting it to fit. A little off topic, I'll be dropping to junior consultant status with CTMH since my new crafting budget has been very much reduced now that we have a car payment again. It was a nice year and a half while I had it. ^_~ I'll still be doing the CTMH color challenges for as long as I have their colors as I still love lots of their stuff. It's just that CTMH was the most expensive part of my previous budget even with the discount and it's less costly for me to just buy from our local scrapstores since they have coupons and are always doing specials.


Stacy and Jenn gave me this award. Thank you girls, I feel very honored! I'd like to give this award to Deb, she always makes such gorgeous cards, and Kristy and Jules, they both have such amazing scrap pages with trendy new products! Thanks ladies, you have been a constant inspiration!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks a million Marjorie, I am so honoured that you thought of me for this award!

Loving the layout, how cute are those socks?

Unknown said...

AWWWWW THANKS MARJORIE FOR THE BLOG AWARD YOUR A SWEETIE!
*LOVE YOUR NEW PAGES,HOW ADORABLE IS SHE IN THOSE BIG SOCKS!

Chris (catt871) said...

LOVE this layout.....soooo cute!!!

Stacy said...

I LOVE your challenges, so I hope we keep seeing them!

Donelda said...

what a cute layout!! Love it!!

Vonney said...

Love that picture of your daughter with those socks and high heels on! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are just priceless! Love the colors and the layout design for it!

AmethystCat said...

love the colors and layout. darn about the reduced craft budget. But, as you said, at least you have a bunch still to play with. :) you're so creative - you'll come up with fabulous ways to use your supplies!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Marjorie, those photos brought a huge grin to my face! Love seeing little kids dressing up. Thanks for sharing!

ScrapyTiff said...

I read your blog all the time and love it! I am also a ctmh gal in FL. Anyways, I just wanted to share a little tip about the chipboard letters... save yourself some time and just take your chipboard letters and rub them around on the face of your stamp pads. So much quicker than cutting cardstock and gives a much more vivid color. Also, if you don't like colored fingers you may want to wear gloves, but I wear my colored fingertips as a badge of creativity ;o)