11.16.2007

Rustic For You


Colors : Orchard Bouquet, Vineyardberry, Bamboo, Amethyst, Col White
Stamps : Legendary, Rustic Flowers, Simple Stitches, From Me to You, For All Occassions
Accents : Hemp, Amethyst brads and swirl, sponge for distressing, pop dots
I was so inspired by the colors in my DD shirt today that I made this card. It looks nothing like her shirt (cute little fat flowers and her shirt's a bit brighter), but the colors are all there. I also wanted to make the flower pop more and decided to use pop dots. Then Caitie came to sit in my lap and bent up one of the flowers which ended up inspiring the 3D effect that is now there. This card took me nearly 3 hours to make. Not because it was difficult, but because I actually tried to create during the day which just doesn't happen with two toddlers, lol. I spent most of the time dealing with all the mommy this and mommy thats :D But that's okay because the extra time between sparked more ideas for when I did actually get to work on the card.

2 comments:

scrappernic said...

LOVE this card! THe colors are gorgeous! I have both those stamp sets and never thought to use them together. WHat an inspiring card :)

Karen of the KAGS said...

Saw this on the BB's last week - and loved it then - I LOVE the colurs you used!

Karen