12.22.2008

Color Challenge #44

This is a little late since I'm still doing some Christmas baking. I don't mind though as I love to bake goodies! Of course I love eating them too so it's a good thing I package them as soon as they are cooled to be given away, lol!! I want to thank everyone who has been playing in the color challenges this past year! It has been so fun for me to come up with these color combinations and see what you make with them. I get so inspired viewing all the different projects with the same colors, it really gets me thinking out of the box more often! I'm setting some new goals for next year as I want to start submitting layouts to publish so I won't be doing the color challenges come January. It's been such a fun year with everyone and it makes me sad to stop, but with all of the positive feedback I've gotten I want to try and see if my artwork is good enough for publication and that is going to be taking more of my crafting time. Anyway, I have another Christmasy color combo for you ^_~ To play use at least 3 of the colors and send me a link to your creation so I can see it and post the link to it here as well! Have fun with the colors and thanks for playing in the challenges with me ladies, it's been a blast!

Cranberry
Sorbet
Juniper
Ponderosa Pine


My Sample:

I made some super simple recipe cards to go with some of the shortbread I'm giving out. I've had a few requests for the recipe so I thought on the rest of them I would just give a recipe card to go with it as well. I used the Gratitude stamp set from CTMH for the flowers. Other than that it's just simply printing the recipe on white CS and then matting it on some ponderosa pine cardstock. There will be one more color challenge for next week. It will be the last weekly color challenge I host. I hope you have all enjoyed seeing and playing in the color challenges!

If you can't read the recipe on the card here it is, they are very yummilicious!

Cinnamon Pecan Shortbread Bars

1 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 egg
2 C flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 C chopped pecans (separated)

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9 pan. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in ½ C of the pecans. Press dough in bottom of pan. Sprinkle remaining ½ C pecans over dough; press in lightly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely then cut into bars.


Enjoy and have a wonderful Monday!!

3 comments:

Vonney said...

Those bars sound yummy! It will be nice to see your artwork published. Good luck on you new adventure!

Jenn said...

Hard to believe you won't be doing the color challenges anymore. Thanks so much for putting these challenges on every week...it's been fun. I might have not participated in all of them but I loved doing them when I had the chance. Your last color challenge is awesome and those bars sound so yummy! :D

Sparkplug17 said...

These sound yummy...I may have to try making them soon. I'll be making cards soon! And thanks for hosting all year...it's been a lot of fun! And I know you'll get published! :)