4.14.2008

Color Challenge #14

This weeks color challenge was inspired by a card I saw on SCS using that cute birdie Verve Visual stamp set that I've been trying hard not to get, lol. The card actually used a little bit different colors and another bright/lighter blue, but the palette is close. To play create a new project using at least 3 of the colors and please send me a link to your creation so I can link your post here on my blog ^_~.

Ocean
Hollyhock
Topiary
Vineyard Berry

Sparkle's Cute Monkey Card
Jenn's Fun Hippo Card
Sue's Pretty Flower Card
Jena's Adorable Bed Head Layout

My sample :



Uses Nursery Bash and Spot on Backgrounds stamps (just for the dotted elephant). I paper pieced all the elephants mostly because I wanted them to come out pretty solid and bright, but I don't have the markers and my colored pencils didn't quite match the way I wanted. I darkened their ears and toes with pencils then outlined them in gray for a little depth. I used my white gel pen to highlight the ballon which was also pieced from CS. Pink background is embossed with the Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder and rickrack is from the Creative Basics packet.

And I've been fine and around the past half week in case anyone was wondering. Thursday and Friday I was making these cute Bella swap cards.



I had to make 21 of these. I was putting them off and putting them off, lol. I signed up to do this CTMH/Bella swap in January and they are due at the end of this month. It's a good thing I procrastinated though, since I got to use up some of these cute Creative Basics papers that come out in May in the summer CTMH catty. It comes with 8 double sided papers each of 2 designs and 8 yards of rick rack. I don't really have a lot of use for 8 of the same paper so it was perfect to use for these swap cards. Now I just have a few sheets of each design ^_~. I only used a scrap of Olive CS and 1 sheet + a scrap of Buttercup CS and the rest was all creative basics papers (one side is patterned the other side is plain). I wanted them to be cute but simple enough for me to not go crazy having to make them. Coloring was what took the longest. Coloring one bella is fine and I have fun with that. Coloring 21 is another story, lol.

And the past few days I've been on an organization kick. Usually I get the urge to purge every 3-5 weeks but I haven't since January and now I'm going crazy going through every room one by one and purging, reorganizing, and deep cleaning, lol. Yesterday is was our bathroom, the day before the girl's bathroom. Today I'm thinking I'll finish cleaning out my computer armoire which I started the other day and did the bulk of. Once I get into what my hubby likes to call my 'nesting' mood (No, I'm not pregnant!! Thank goodness, lol!), there's really nothing else on my mind but that so you won't see much if anything on my blog until I've satisfied my purging/organizing urge. ^_~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bella card is so pretty! 21 though...whew, that is tough! Your nursery bash card is great too. The dotted elephant is adorable. I've missed playing on your color challenges and will catch up hopefully soon, but we're in the de-clutter, organizing mode at our house too. Must be that spring cleaning thing in the air. -Kim P.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Love the color challenge and will play when I get home tonight!

I can't imagine coloring 21 bellas. You're a trooper! And your cards came out great. I've been having a hard time with that set. I just need to play with it more.

Happy cleaning! :) Love, Sparks

Unknown said...

GREAT CARDS FOR THE COLOUR CHALLENGE MARJORIE.LOVE THOSE LITTLE ELEPHANTS.

mel4christ said...

You are so funny, good for you though. It's great to get all that stuff organized! The cards are super cute, great colors and a fine coloring job! I too will try to get something posted for your color challenge. Thanks as always.

Melanie

Jane said...

Those little stacking elephants are so cute!

And I can't imagine coloring that many bellas! Great job!

Jane
SBS4

Anonymous said...

Here's my card...thanks for the fun challenge!

http://sparkplug17.livejournal.com/318939.html

Nicole said...

So cute as always Marjorie!! I love the bella one, what a great gal to do that, 21! Thanks for always posting your darling stuff. I just love to see what your doing.

Jenn said...

super cute cards!!! I am off to play in the color challenge!!! :D

Jenn said...

Hey girlie...
Here is my card for the color challenge!!! Had fun!!! :D

http://stampsandallthatjazz.blogspot.com/2008/04/marjories-color-challenge-14.html#links

AmethystCat said...

cute and great colors! could you organize me too? :) have fun!

Ying Pang, said...

lovely card!

Deb said...

Both fabulous cards, love the stack of elephants, so sweet! Gorgeous Bella card too.

I am in similar mode, painting and reorganising my craft room at the moment so I am so behind with my creating and blogging!

Jena said...

Hey Marjorie - I finally completed this color challenge - hooray - and for once, I didn't change the color combo ;-)

You can check it out on my blog at http://livelovelaughscrapbook.blogspot.com/2008/05/bed-head.html

Thanks for the fun challenges!