3.16.2008

Mommy... It's more than a name


Colors : Key Lime, Hollyhock, Colonial White, Black

Papers : Minds Eye, Silhouette, Sweet Harmony, Paper Garden

Stamps : Homestead Alpha, Typewriter

Accents : Primas, Heidi Swapp Flowers, Just Blooms White Daisy, Waxy Flax, Key Lime Bigger Brads, Key Lime Buttons, Rhinestones, Dimensional Elements Alphas

This layout is much richer in real life. The papers seemed to get washed out in the photo :( You might recognize one of these pics. I often use the top one as my MSN messenger ID pic and it's also my SCS ID pic. I've been saving these pictures because they are some of my favorite. This layout took quite a while mostly just due to cutting out all the letters, lol. I had wanted to add some of the matching silhouette ribbon but I don't have them yet and I might make another page to go with this layout for journaling. Plus I have two more pictures of me with both my girls that we took that day (you can see one of them on the top right of my blog). If you can't read it the journaling says "It's so much more than a name. It's a calling." These pictures make me want to grow my hair out again. And it's funny because I think the main reason I cut it off (just chin length) was because Caitie was using my hair as reins and would always call me Mama Pony. She wouldn't call me Mommy anymore. It was always Pony or Mama Pony. This went on for a couple months. So I got it cut that summer and it was a fun change plus Audrey didn't pull my hair as much and I got to be called Mommy and Mama again. Now that it's getting longer she calls me Jasmine. But I think I can handle that quite a bit better than Mama Pony, lol!

6 comments:

AmethystCat said...

what a great story! and, a darling page to go along with it. Another fabulous creation!

Sue said...

Great story! My in-laws still call each other momma and daddy because my sil started calling them by their first names when she started talking! They got into the habit and 47 years later, they are still doing it!

Love your layout, as always!

Kariberry said...

Love it Marjorie, what a sweet LOL

Tracey said...

Gorgeous LO Marjorie love everything about it:)

Vonney said...

Wow! This LO is beautiful! I love the black colors you added to it. It matches your black hair! And your saying about being a Mommy is wonderful! I sure wish every Mommy felt it was a calling instead of a burden. I would like to use your saying on a LO of mine, if you don't mine?

Nicole said...

Love your layout Marjorie as always! But I also must add you are so so pretty, and your hair does look great with the black from the paper. I love the story too!!