3.30.2008

Bella Challenge Cards

I love my bellas, really I do! And they have been neglected lately since I've had the scrappin' bug the past month or so. But I really need some specific cards right now. I realized that I used up all my thank you cards in my stash so I decided to settle down and just make some cards. I wasn't in the mood at first so I did the past sketch and color challenges that I've missed on the bella forum on SCS. After I got started I had so much fun! The color challenges were really a challenge and I still have this last week's challenge to do. The sketches were just what I needed, I love not having to worry about the design and just being able to create and have fun with the card. So here they are along with one card that I made just out of scraps from some scrap pages.


For BSC17, and BCC16 challenge. The colors were to use rusty oranges and purple. I instantly picked up a gardenbella image I got from my SBS4 secret sister and these scraps. The orange CS is textured though you can't much tell in the pic. Bella colored with pencils and all CTMH paper and embellies used. I wanted to stamp thank you some where but figured it was fine and I'd just stamp the inside. Papers were the retired garden b&t and enchanted, the color scheme being pansy purple, goldrush and autumn terracota.

Made this one for my niece's birthday coming up this next month. She's going to be nine so I didn't want too kiddie of a card for her but still wanted something fun. Used the BSC18 sketch and the BCC17 colors which were olive green and purple. The image is from a RAK that Sue had sent me and the glitter flower stickers were from my secret sister. Uses more of the retired b&t, this one the cozy set and also uses a small piece from the paper garden pack. Colors are Olive and petal.

I was actually really hesitant to make this card. I loved the colors : Crystal Blue, Buttercup, and Chocolate (BCC18), but the sketch to make a tent topper card (BSC19) really intimidated me. After putting it together it was really easy! Silly me for thinking it was going to be hard ^_~ I used my cuttlebug to emboss the flowers on crystal blue CS and used more of those fun fakey dew drops. The image is another from my secret sister. This was the only card I made that I don't have an immediate use for. But I'm sure someone is bound to have a baby boy soon enough, lol.

These colors (BCC19) seemed like a real challenge and the minute I saw them I thought of Super Why! lol. So I had to use a superbella image (another RAK image from Sue though I already have this bella ^_~). The sentiment was printed out using my computer and the classic 'super you to the rescue' saying from super why. I would have used the swiss dots for embossing, if I had it. I've been waiting and waiting for it to get in stock here and I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to order it online. Also used the BSC20 sketch. This is going to be for my MIL. She's always there to help us out and this last week it was really great to have her house to stay at even if we did only stay one of the days.

This one is for my friend Julie. Both her and her hubby make the BEST food! Really, when we go there for dinner it's better than dining out, lol. This last time Julie made stuffed pork chops. It was soooo good! So this is for her, I even gave the bella red hair like Julie even though it's not curly and Julie almost never wears a ponytail, lol. I used the colors for the Bella 20 challenge and the 21 sketch challenge.

And this one was made from some strip scraps I had. I really had no idea what to do, lol. It very different from what I usually try to make but I think it turned out kind of cute. It reminds me of a quilt or country home stuff. So that's what I did this past week, 4 layouts and 6 cards ^_~ Not to bad and I have to admit it was kind of nice just making one post for the week. I also got to read a short novel, The Dream Thief, which is nice since the last book I got to read was in September! I love reading but feel I rarely have the time and my girls LOVE to lose my place and steal my bookmarks. Hopefully I can do better this year than the last. I miss it so much, I must have read over a dozen novels when I was preggo with Audrey but since she's been born I've only read maybe 5 or 6 and she's almost 2 1/2 years old now! Yikes!

4 comments:

Kelly L said...

Very nice cards. You have a couple of Bellas I have not seen before. I love the fairy-like bella for your niece's birthday. That is cute! The bright colors on the superhero bella are pretty cool, too! Great job. I also love the strips on your card. I usually throw smaller strips away, but that looked terrific. Now, I will be tempted to use them right away on an extra card before throwing them out or jamming them in my scrap bin (small ones seem to get lost in there). LOL

Sue said...

Love all the cards! So many, yet each one is unique.

Unknown said...

WOW MARJORIE YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY!ALL YOUR NEW CARDS ARE GORGEOUS,I LOVE THE PREGNANT BELLA!

Anonymous said...

Wow- you've been busy! I love your super one for your MIL.