10.12.2011

Week 6 in Drawing

18" x 24" - Marker Study - Organic Composition - Ultra Fine and Fine Sharpie - Sept. 30, 2011


18" x 24" - Marker Study - Garden Bird - Ultra Fine Sharpie - Sept. 30, 2011


In week 6 we continued with the markers and worked on a composition piece. Because I ended up with a little extra time the week before, I had started a second single study sketch of a bird and between coming to class early and staying a little later, I finished the stippled bird the morning before finishing the composition. There was actually quite a bit in the composition piece which was a large tree in a basket (I have the trunk with the vines around it here in my piece) along with a lot of little things scattered on the table and some birds in the trees (which I couldn't see from where I was sitting). I actually started to sketch more of the bottom area with the basket and items, including a pheasant, but I didn't like the way it was turning out so I refocused on the leaves next to the tree trunk.


9" x 12" - Marker Study - Pretty Mug Style #1 - Ultra Fine and Fine Sharpie - Oct.2, 2011


9" x 11" - Marker Study - Pretty Mug Style #2 - Ultra Fine Sharpie - Oct. 2, 2011


9" x 11" - Marker Study - Pretty Mug Style #3 - Ultra Fine and Fine Sharpie - Oct. 8, 2011

For our homework studies, this time we were to pick one single item and draw it three times in three different styles. This was really hard for me because I wasn't really sure how to come up with 3 distinct styles, but in the end, they worked out fairly well. My mugs seem a little off kilter, and I notice that I really struggle with that back curve on all three, but as a whole I think they were a fun experiment. Anyway, I've got one more week left to share with you and it's only a few pictures since we got to have that week as a make up sketch week. Thanks for stopping by ;)

1 comment:

Gabriel Hood said...

Thanks for thiis blog post