9.25.2011

Week 4 in Drawing

Metal Pencil Study - Lancelot - Pencil and Graphite Stick - Sept. 16 2011


It's a week late, but I finally got pictures of my second round of pencil sketches. The subject for week 4 was metal, so all our sketches had to be of something metallic. I have to admit, so far this has been the hardest assignment for me. When I get to pick my own subject matter I usually go with cutesy or girlie things. Needless to say, after getting the assignment to stick to metal objects I was pretty stumped. In fact I was so stumped that I only finished that week's last sketch this Saturday. But here they are finally, lol. Luckily our sketchbooks aren't due every week. We'll turn in them in for midterms and finals. Here's the main piece we worked on during the week. We call him Lancelot ;) The armor isn't to scale, it's an artist rendition and I did have a bit of fun drawing him.


Metal Pencil Study - Top of Pepsi Can - Pencil and Graphite Stick - Sept. 18, 2011

Metal Pencil Study - Meat Mallet Smooth - Pencil and Graphite Stick - Sept. 18, 2011

Metal Pencil Study - Cabodle's Case Latch - Pencil - September 24, 2011


My first metal sketch was just the top of a pepsi can. I couldn't get the curves to come out the way I wanted and after countless tries and erasing I finally gave in and just went with it. So it came out alright but not as nice as I wanted. The second is my meat mallet. I did the smooth side. I really like the way the shading came out on this one, but I noticed afterward that I got some of the angles wrong. The last sketch, a lock on Apple's cabodles box, came out the best. It is, of course, my favorite of the bunch ;)  We're working on marker now and I have just one more sketch to finish up before I share my pics on the old bloggo. Anyway, I hope you all have a terrific Monday. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: