11.06.2009

More Forest Friends

Supplies: Rustic White and Kraft Cardstock, Green Tea Leaves and In Bloom Paper, Forest Friends, Forest Friends Sentiments, and Vintage Labels, Buttons and Jute by Papertrey Ink; Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa, and Sorbet Ink by CTMH; Apron Lace Punch by Fiskars

I created a couple more cards with the Forest Friends and this same color scheme. My favorite image in this set is the skunk. I haven't a clue why, I just like him a lot. I made another pattern using the Vintage Labels set, the cocoa on sweet leaf up at the top. I followed Dawn McVey's samples to create a lot of the backgrounds I stamped using this set. She really has an eye for making background papers and I love how easy they are to replicate! The little skunk is pop dotted up and I finally broke into my pretty In Bloom paper. I think it's so cute how he's in a little patch of flowers with that sentiment.


This other card was a lot of fun to make. Using another stamp from the Vintage Labels, I stamped out the background using cocoa ink on kraft. This was my favorite background out of the cards I made. I pop dotted the hedgehog like the skunk in the first card and finished off with more buttons. For the longest time I actually thought the hedgehog was a porcupine. I had been calling it a porcupine all this time until this last month when I was looking up ideas for this stamp set. Then I read he was a hedgehog. I had to look at the stamp again and then realized, oh yeah, he is! Anyway, enjoy the cards and thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I just love that skunk too! LOL

Tammy Wilson said...

Those cards are so stinkin' cute!! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog...

Sparkplug17 said...

These are adorable. I love the skunk too.