11.06.2009

More Forest Friends

Supplies: Rustic White and Kraft Cardstock, Green Tea Leaves and In Bloom Paper, Forest Friends, Forest Friends Sentiments, and Vintage Labels, Buttons and Jute by Papertrey Ink; Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa, and Sorbet Ink by CTMH; Apron Lace Punch by Fiskars

I created a couple more cards with the Forest Friends and this same color scheme. My favorite image in this set is the skunk. I haven't a clue why, I just like him a lot. I made another pattern using the Vintage Labels set, the cocoa on sweet leaf up at the top. I followed Dawn McVey's samples to create a lot of the backgrounds I stamped using this set. She really has an eye for making background papers and I love how easy they are to replicate! The little skunk is pop dotted up and I finally broke into my pretty In Bloom paper. I think it's so cute how he's in a little patch of flowers with that sentiment.


This other card was a lot of fun to make. Using another stamp from the Vintage Labels, I stamped out the background using cocoa ink on kraft. This was my favorite background out of the cards I made. I pop dotted the hedgehog like the skunk in the first card and finished off with more buttons. For the longest time I actually thought the hedgehog was a porcupine. I had been calling it a porcupine all this time until this last month when I was looking up ideas for this stamp set. Then I read he was a hedgehog. I had to look at the stamp again and then realized, oh yeah, he is! Anyway, enjoy the cards and thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I just love that skunk too! LOL

Tammydee said...

Those cards are so stinkin' cute!! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog...

Danni said...

Great cards!!

Sparkle said...

These are adorable. I love the skunk too.