9.18.2009

Game On - Stamps

Supplies : Paper by Basic Grey, Creative Imaginations, My Minds Eye, and Making Memories; On the Couch Stamps by Papertrey Ink; Thickers Letter Stickers by American Crafts; Flowers by Prima; Brads by My Minds Eye; Buttons and Jute by Papertrey Ink; Rubons by Basic Grey; Inks and Markers by CTMH; Ribbon by CTMH and Making Memories

The stamps challenge on Practical Scrappers was a couple weeks ago and even though I got my pages emailed to them in time, I hadn't gotten around to creating a post of them for here until I was doing the ones for this week's challenge. This page I wanted to play around with the thing I use stamps for the most when putting them on layouts and that's as embellishments. There are some great benefits to using stamps, the first for me has always been that you can customize your stamped images. I love being able to stamp out the images in the colors I want for whatever project I'm working on. Here I stamped out the couch, rug, sidetable, and lamp in colors that coordinated with my papers and then I used some markers to fill in the lamp a little more. I even took some of the card sentiments and used them as mini-journaling on the layout. Though I didn't do this here, the second thing I love most about stamps is you can create bulk embellishments cheaply and quickly. Mish Mash does this all the time and I love how she creates not just bulk embellishments for cards but for mini albums, scrapbook pages, gifts, etc! Use the same stamps to create completely different looks just by changing the color your stamping them in or the papers your using. Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous Friday!

2 comments:

Danni said...

I love this page!! Awesome!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is such a great layout of you gals playing! Have a fabulous weekend!